SCRA Committee for Women
We are very excited to announce that the SCRA Executive Committee approved a new structure for the SCRA Committee for Women! This change means that we will be forming a 6-member Focal Group to participate in planning and work on committee projects. The purpose of this change was:
1. To foster a core constituency for women's issues that will help to energize and sustain the commitment from year to year;
2. To facilitate wider inclusion of members in committee activities and increase member participation opportunities;
3. To distribute responsibility across more members
Focal group members will be the Outgoing Chair, Current Chair, Incoming Chair and three members. At least one of the seats is reserved for a graduate student. Each member will serve a 3 year, renewable term from August 1st through July 31st. Incoming Focal Group members will be selected by the existing focal group from a pool of nominees. Anyone interested in getting involved with the Committee are eligible to be nominated, and self-nominations are encouraged.
We are eager to get our committee formed and move forward with our first project. The first project we have planned will be a description of benefits and family leave policies at universities with community psychology programs, and in other workplaces where community psychologists are, or have been, employed. The committee members will help with gathering and compiling the information and developing and implementing strategies for dissemination. We are also open to focal group members developing additional initiatives of interest to SCRA members.
We are now accepting nominations for 3 committee members, at least one of whom should be a graduate student. If you are interested in nominating someone (or yourself), please contact Susan Wolfe, current Chair, at Susan.Wolfe@fwisd.org with the following information:
2. SCRA Membership Status (student or regular member)
3. School or place of employment
4. Contact Information
5. The reason you are interested in being a committee member
6. Any skills, strengths, experiences or other information you would like to share (sell your nominee or yourself to us!)
7. Any limitations or other factors that may interfere with your ability to participate (for example, plans to collect data in Thailand for a year)
Upon selection of committee members we will set up a once a month one-hour telephone conference at a time convenient for committee members. Membership in this focal group will require regular participation in these conferences and contributions to committee projects. We recognize that everyone has very busy schedules and will take steps to ensure reasonable expectations of members.
We are very eager to progress forward with Committee goals and initiatives and hope you will become involved. If you have any additional questions, please direct them to the Committee Chair, Susan Wolfe, via email at Susan.Wolfe@fwisd.org. Nominations, including self-nominations, are due by November 16th, 2009. We look forward to hearing from you.