Faculty Associate Position at University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Human Ecology
This position may be of interest to community psychologists with interdisciplinary interests/experiences and a particular passion for teaching. Our department in the School of Human Ecology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking an excellent teacher to join us full-time and contribute in multiple ways to our undergraduate major in Community & Nonprofit Leadership. The announcement is posted below and can be accessed online through following this link [http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/WebListing/Unclassified/PVLSummary.aspx?pvl_num=76838].
Feel free to contact me if you might be interested and have questions. Also, please note that the posted minimum salary is quite low compared to the likely starting salary for a qualified candidate.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Position Vacancy Listing
PVL # 76838
Please Note: A change was made to this position announcement on 06/12/13
FACULTY ASSOCIATE(D92DN) or ASSOC FACULTY ASSOC(D92FN) or ASST FACULTY ASSOC(D92LN)
Degree and area of specialization:
Masters degree required; Doctoral degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Additional relevant professional experience in the community and nonprofit sector required.
This Faculty Associate position is housed in the School of Human Ecology within the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies. This position will have both instructional and programmatic responsibilities. The primary areas of responsibility include:
70% Teaching- teach 9 credits per semester. Develop and teach courses such as: Nonprofit Sector: Overview and Foundations; Community Issues; Nonprofit Organizations and Service Learning; Entrepreneurship in Society; Community Newswriting; Nonprofit Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations; Community Leadership; Community Based Research and Evaluation; Communicating with Key Audiences.
- Prepare syllabi, develop appropriate course learning objectives, set student assignments, grade student work including homework, projects, and exams, be available to meet with students through office hours and by appointment.
- Supervise and provide direction as needed to graders and /or teaching assistants in any/all of the above courses.
- Work with SoHE, Campus, and other resources to facilitate student career development including the use of internships and other on- and off-campus career activities.
30% Provide leadership for the Community and Nonprofit Leadership major and for student development.
- Serve as Faculty Advisor to the Community and Nonprofit Leadership club, providing guidance and direction.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Community and Nonprofit Leadership program for both on-campus and off-campus constituencies.
- Expand relationships with community and nonprofit sector partners for educational and career development.
-Assist with the Center for Nonprofits including the development, planning and implementation of Communiversity Sessions and other duties such as proposal development and outreach initiatives.
- Other duties and tasks as determined in consultation with the Department Chair and School of Human Ecology Dean.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
Appointment Type:Academic Staff
Full Time Salary Rate:Minimum $28,917 ACADEMIC (9 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Term:This is a renewable appointment.
Anticipated begin date:AUGUST 26, 2013
Number of Positions:1
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
Application must be received by: JULY 10, 2013
HOW TO APPLY:
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, transcripts, writing sample, suitable writing sample could include: syllabus, teaching statement or other relavant teaching materials.
Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #76838 to:
1300 Linden Dr
4220 Human Ecology Building
Madison, WI 53706-1524
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Feedback, questions or accessibility issues: email@example.com
- 203 views
- 1 version
- 0 replies
- 1 follower
- Post Date:
- June 18, 2013
- Posted By:
- Brian Christens
About this forum
- 20,415 views
- 94 topics
- 0 followers