Links to useful practice online resources
- American Self-Help Group Clearinghouse (USA) - large database of national and international self-help groups, research related to self-help groups, information about key concepts in self-help literature, and information about how to start a self-help group
- Appreciative Inquiry Commons (USA) - Appreciative Inquiry is about the co- evolutionary search for the best in people, their organizations, and the relevant world around them.
- Assets-Based Community Development Kretzmann and McKnight(USA) - Organizational capacity resources including training manuals and publications
- Association for Study and Development of Community David Chavis (USA) - ASDC is a research and evaluation organization helping government, foundations and non-profits use science to create and implement innovative solutions to social problems.
- Building Community on the Web (USA) - Lists useful websites and services to help build online communities and groups
- Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T. (USA) - platform for planning and assessing priorities, identifying community and research partners, determining effective intervention strategies (e.g. links to community guide), finding evidence-based interventions, and evaluation.
- Center for Community Based Research (Canada) Janzen, Ochocka & colleagues - Independent, non-profit organization located in Kitchener, Ontario. Their aim is to strengthen communities through social research.
- Center for Community Support & Research (CCSR) - Wichita State University/Greg Meissen & Scott Wituk, USA - Affiliated with the WSU Community Psychology Doctoral Program provides numerous tools and resources helpful to practice in community and organizational settings.
- Center for Creative Leadership David Altman (USA) Assists individuals and organizations in leadership issues.
- Center for Learning Excellence David Julian (USA) - The Center's mission is to promote the use of best practices in various areas that impact student learning.
- Community Building Resource Exchange (USA) - Has many articles that discuss tools necessary for implementing community change, evaluation, and action.
- Community Campus Partnership for Health (USA) - Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) resources (principles, policies, articles, curricula, oppurtunities for funding training, and technical assitance).
- Community Organizing Toolkit (USA) - This website has a game that teaches you concepts necessary for going out into the community and talking to residents about important issues and creating change.
- Community Toolbox (International) - Steve Fawcett, Tom Wolff, Bill Berkowitz and many other community psychologists. The Community Tool Box is the world's largest resource for free information on essential skills for building healthy communities.
- Creative Learning Exchange (USA) - Resources for schools on how to teach K-12 children about Systems Thinking & how to use it to evaluate personal, community, & global events.
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services (USA) - A Information & resources for nonprofit organizational capacity building.
- Engaging Communities and Campuses (USA) - Has tools listed on this page to enhance campus-community collaboration.
- Getting to Outcomes 2004 by Matthew Chinman, Pamela Imm, Abraham Wandersman (USA) Participatory process approach that builds practitioners' prevention capacity, empowering them to address all aspects of planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Grantcraft (USA) - Community Organizing Resources. You'll find print and film resources on organizing in general as well as materials on some of the major branches of organizing in the United States: congregation- or faith-based, education, immigration, and youth organizing.
- Hands on Network /(USA) Has tools and tips to help manage volunteer work and service at nonprofits
- Innovation Network, Inc. (USA) Measure results. Make informed decisions. Create lasting change.
Innovation Network, Inc. ("InnoNet"), is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit that builds the evaluation capacity of nonprofits and funders. Thye provide consulting, training, and Web-based tools for nonprofit program planning and evaluation
- Kellogg Foundation - System Change in Schools; Communication, Evaluation & Policy: Publications and Resources (USA) - Numerous tools and resources for a number of settings and activities
- Mental Model Musing (USA) - Definitions, resources and tools for systems researchers
- National Implementation Research Network (NIRN)(USA) - The mission of the National Implementation Research Network (NIRN) is to close the gap between science and service by improving the science and practice of implementation in relation to evidence-based programs and practices.
- NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse (USA)- Ed Madara. This website provides contact information to local NJ self-help groups, national and online-support networks for individuals with disabilities as well as for people going through stressful life situations. In addition, it contains a "how to" library dedicated to starting a self -help group.
- The Evaluation Center (USA) -Western Michigan University .Useful theoretical infomation and tools for evaluation work.
- Tom Wolff and Associates Tom Wolff (USA) - Creating Collaborative Solutions - consulting
- University-Community Partnership for Social Action Research Network - International Global network of individuals and organizations who understand the power of community in bringing about social change
International Community Psychology Practice
- Canadian Psychological Association (Canada, French & English) - Links referred as "science and practice" that includes many other links and information of reference (e.g. emerging practice models", health policy and partnerships)
- Primary Health Care: A framework that fits (Canada, French & English) - In 'Collaboration toolkit', resources related to diverse topics such as funding, planning and evaluation, trust and respect, human resources, among others.
- New Zealand Psychological Society/ Institute of Community Psychology Aotearoa (IComPA, New Zealand, English) - Nothing specific about resources/tools; just information
- Australian Psychological Society/ APS Community Psychology (Australia, English) - Information only; interest groups
- Community Psychology UK (English) - Information, articles, links to other sites
- European Community Psychology Association Link unavailable, problems to access Information, documents, links, specific projects
- Association Française de Psychologie Communautaire (France, French & English-in construction) Information, links
Viewed 558 times