Resources for Teaching Community Psychology
In this section you will find resources for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in community psychology and related areas of community research and action. It contains:
- NEW powerpoint presentations "What is Community Psychology?" in English and Spanish
- sample course syllabi for graduate and undergraduate courses;
- resources and articles on innovative in-class activities;
- resources and articles on innovative course projects or papers;
- Video/DVD resources for teaching in community-related courses;
- articles on integrating community action/service with learning;
- Other teaching resources: journals, websites, textbooks and key reference works in community psychology.
A norm in many mutual help settings is to receive help as needed, and to give help when you can. Please help expand our holdings by uploading your course syllabus, other course materials, or descriptions of your own teaching activities or resources to the appropriate sections of this area of the SCRA website. You can also send materials to the Council of Education Programs (CEP) at CEP.SCRA@gmail.com.
Tips for sharing resources: When uploading resources, choose the appropriate folder and upload your file. Once uploaded, rename the file with your last name and document title (e.g. ahrens, class privilege.pdf). Then, use the comments feature to add your description or any notes. Need help?
Looking for additional sources of teaching materials, or for online outlets to submit your materials for peer review and online dissemination? Here are two possibilities:
- CES4Health http://ces4health.info/
- Disseminates peer-reviewed products, including teaching materials, of health- related, community-engaged scholarship in forms other than journal articles.
- Project Syllabus http://teachpsych.org/otrp/syllabi/syllabi.php
- Disseminates peer-reviewed course syllabi and teaching materials in many areas of psychology, including community psychology.
|Undergraduate Syllabi||33 items||CEP Admin|
|Class Activities||18 items||Sharon Hakim|
|Class Projects & Papers||11 items||Scot Evans|
|Community Service Learning||8 items||Sharon Hakim|
|Video Resources||7 items||SCRA Web Admin|
|Graduate Syllabi||4 items||CEP Admin|
|Introducing Community Psychology in the Introductory Psychology Course||4 items||James Dalton Jr|