- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
Global Health Fellows Program II
Family Planning and HIV/AIDS (FP/HIV) Integration Intern
Implementation Support Division, Office of HIV/AIDS, Bureau for Global Health, United States Agency for International Development
Anticipated timeframe: June 2015 – August 2015: Compensated 12 week internship
Location: Washington, DC/Arlington, VA
The FP/HIV Integration Intern will be assigned to the Youth and Integration Team of the Implementation Support (IS) Division within the GH’s Office of HIV/AIDS. Placed within the IS Division, the Youth and Integration Team works in close coordination with OGAC and other USG partners to promote the FP needs of people living with HIV and AIDS. The Intern will support efforts to build a learning platform for coordinated learning and joint analysis around the findings of intervention-linked research supported by the Acceleration Initiative and USAID Mission-supported activities. S/he will also work closely with USAID headquarters staff, USAID Mission staff, and other stakeholders to support the implementation of FP/HIV activities across USAID-supported programs. S/he will research, review, document, and/or analyze the best practices in FP/HIV implementation of PEPFAR-supported programs, including those funded by the Acceleration Initiative and other USAID partners and stakeholders. This will include reviewing existing national policies, national resources, implementing partner programs, generating information on gaps and strengths, synthesizing information on the key opportunities, and distilling this learning as a seminal piece of literature.
S/he will receive day to day guidance from the Youth and Integration Team Leader as his/her onsite manager.
· Gaining greater understanding of USAID’s work in FP/HIV integration and contributions to an AIDS-free generation.
· Deepening skills in collaboration and coordination within a complex organizational and implementation structure.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Contributing to and supporting the technical review of USAID FP/HIV activities, including activities funded by the FP/HIV Acceleration Initiative.
· Participating in and contributing to USAID’s strategic visioning exercise to develop long-term research and implementation objectives in FP/HIV programming.
· Update existing FP/HIV country profiles.
· Write a one page brief on each of the five Acceleration Initiative countries (5 in total).
· Contributing to and supporting the development of other communications and documentation (e.g., coordinating updates to USAID’s external webpages and training materials, etc.) to promote USAID’s work in FP/HIV integration.
· Working with staff, implementing partners, and other key resource individuals to highlight and document state-of-the-art programmatic experiences in PEPFAR-supported programs through a mapping exercise.
· Assisting the USAID/Washington FP/HIV Compliance Team in updating its global resource repository.
· Assisting staff and partners to carry out other key organizational tasks, as needed.
· Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned based on organizational and programming need and/or the intern’s own interests.