VA Advanced Fellowship Program In Mental Health Program Evaluation

Dec 18, 2014

VA Advanced Fellowship Program In  Mental Health Program Evaluation

This is a new and exciting opportunity for post-doctoral training in Mental Health Program Evaluation.

The VA Advanced Fellowship Program in Mental Illness Research and Treatment at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven campus, sponsored by the VA Office of Academic Affiliations sponsorship has expanded to include a Mental Health Program Evaluation track.  We are recruiting two doctoral-level candidates with backgrounds in clinical mental health (i.e., psychologists, social workers, and psychiatrists) or in public health or related fields for a two-year fellowship focusing on program evaluation.

The goal of the VA Advanced Fellowship Program in Mental Health Program Evaluation is to train Fellows to become exceptional health services and/or clinical researchers with specific expertise in program evaluation, program implementation and related policy development, critical areas within VHA.  This Fellowship provides opportunities for Clinical or Non-Clinical candidates. Non-Clinical Fellows will devote 100% of their time to program evaluation, quality improvement efforts and patient-oriented research.  Clinical Fellows devote 75% of their time to program evaluation, quality improvement efforts and patient-oriented research with the remaining 25% of the Fellow’s time dedicated to direct patient clinical care. In collaboration with their mentors, Fellows will participate in national program evaluation and implementation efforts in VHA as well as develop and implement a research project, publish and present findings, participate in grant writing, and utilize the latest technology for educational activities and, as appropriate, clinical service delivery.

Deadline for applications is January 30th. Please see attached brochure for more information and for specifics re: materials required for application. Materials and/or any questions about this opportunity should be sent to Marcia Hunt, PhD, Coordinator, VA Advanced Fellowship in Mental Health Program Evaluation, VACHS; 203-932-5711  x8637

Category: Jobs


Leave a Reply

(Your email will not be publicly displayed.)

Captcha Code

Click the image to see another captcha.

Add Pingback