- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
The Helps Education Fund seeks a leader to provide overall vision, leadership, and management of this growing and award-winning non-profit organization. In this full-time position, the Executive Director will oversee all executive functions of the organization, including implementing a strategic plan and developing related goals, metrics and strategies; driving private and public fundraising; fostering board relations; managing staff; implementing programs; supervising operations; providing fiduciary oversight; and serving as the principal spokesperson for the organization. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume or CV to Dr. John Begeny at: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed soon after receipt and interviews will be scheduled with qualified applicants shortly thereafter. The anticipated start date of this full-time position will be in June 2015.
Additional details about the position and Helps Education Fund are at http://helpseducationfund.org/employment.php
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Helps Education Fund is dedicated to supporting educators and improving learning outcomes for students locally, nationally, and internationally. This is achieved by offering educators free and low-cost programs and services that are supported by rigorous research to be effective. Although only its fourth year, the Helps Education Fund has already received numerous state and national awards for its innovation, collaboration, and impact. Examples of impact include:
· More than $500,000 in donated materials and services.
· More than 30,000 educators (across more than 40 countries) using Helps Ed Fund programs.
· Hundreds of educators using the Helps Education Fund’s free professional development materials in order to train educators and parents in their own schools and communities.
· Numerous scholarly/research publications (professional books and journal articles) documenting the effectiveness of, and need for, Helps Ed Fund programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Professional Experience should include many if not each of the following:
· An understanding of the trends, public policies, research, and key initiatives within education and support for educators.
· Significant leadership, management, and operational experience of a relevant size and scope.
· Demonstrated experience leading fundraising activities, donor cultivation, and grant writing from both public and private sources.
· Excellent communication and professional presentation skills.
Personal Attributes include:
· Passionate about and energized by the Helps Education Fund’s mission and purpose, with a personal commitment to supporting educators and children.
· Visionary, smart, creative, tactical, and hardworking.
· A strong listener and a consensus builder.
· Inspiring, with the executive presence, sophistication, and knowledge to represent and advocate for the organization to multiple constituencies.
· A national perspective and political awareness. International perspectives about education is a plus.
· The highest standards of ethics, integrity, respect, and humility.
Respect for diverse cultures and backgrounds.
A problem solver who can create or identify solutions without extensive resources.
Master’s degree required with at least 3 years of relevant leadership experience; advanced degree a plus.