- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
This is a one-year limited appointment position, with high potential of renewal depending on performance and funding availability. This position is grant funded and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Cognitive Development Lab, under the direction of Dr. Paul Muentener, opened in the Psychology Department at Tufts University in Fall 2014. The lab is broadly interested in conceptual development across the lifespan. Current areas of research interest include the development of causal reasoning, the cognitive roots of exploratory play, representations of intentional agents and objects, the relation between language and conceptual development, and conceptual change in educational settings. The lab uses a variety of measures, including looking time and eye-tracking, actions, and language, and also explores individual differences and atypical cognitive development.
The Research Coordinator's primary responsibilities will be to assist in setting up this new lab and then overseeing the day-to-day operations, including organizational, research, and administrative activities. Daily tasks will include, but are not limited to: establishing and coordinating participant recruitment, supervising undergraduate research assistants, constructing stimuli (including video editing), conducting research protocols (at both on-site and off-site locations), and assisting with business expense management, grant applications, and human subjects research approval. Travel to off-site testing sites, as well as some weekend testing, will be expected. The Research Coordinator may also have the opportunity to develop independent research projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Education or related discipline
• Prior research experience related to cognitive development
• Experience working with children and parents, preferably in a research setting
• Excellent organizational and administrative skill set
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Ability to work independently and multi-task is essential
• Must successfully complete all appropriate background checks as required
• Experience with basic video editing (e.g., iMovie)
• Experience with database management and programming
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Travel to off-site testing locations. Testing or recruitment events may occur over the weekend.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.