Feb 07, 2019
Community Science is looking for a full-time Associate to lead evaluation and technical assistance tasks for national and local initiative across the US. You will work with public agency and nonprofit representatives, community leaders, evaluators, and others on federal, state, and foundation initiatives. We are looking for someone with the knowledge, skills, and experience in community and systems change to promote healthy communities, families, and children in order to address social problems such as poverty, structural racism, , inadequate systems of care, homelessness, substance abuse, violence, and crime. The successful candidate must be well organized, have high standards for their work, and be committed to scientific rigor and progressive social change through community capacity building.
- Lead small projects and advanced project tasks under senior staff supervision;
- Ensure technical quality control over assigned research, evaluation and other tasks;
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, and other data collection or analysis activities;
- Provide technical assistance and other capacity building support to non-profit and other organizations;
- Summarize findings and write major sections of reports pertaining to findings and their implications with minimal supervision; and
- Write technical sections for proposals and other assistance on business development opportunities.
- Masters in a social science or related field, doctoral degree preferred;
- Five years or more of experience in the implementation of evaluations of community based or systems change projects (minimally two years post-graduation). Experience in professional services or consulting organization preferred;
- Prior knowledge or research experience in at least one area of community change (e.g. health equity, housing and economic development, early childhood development, workforce development, systems change, racial equity, or community capacity building). Evaluation capacity building experience highly desirable;
- Successful experience conducting research or evaluation cross culturally;
- Prior task management and staff supervisory experience and skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in both qualitative and quantitative research skills, including data collection and management;
- Analysis skills, including the use of computer analysis tools (e.g. STATA, MS ACCESS or GIS);
- Ability to travel;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including publications in scientific or practitioner outlets; and
- Ability to multi-task, attention to details, and meet strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in foreign languages and cultures are an advantage.
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers full- time employees a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, prescription drug, andvision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and funds for professional development. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Go to Community Science Careers to apply and communicate with us.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.
Visit our web site http://www.communityscience.com for a more detailed description of our organization.
Connecting knowledge with social change