There will be an expanding network of highly educated future generations of community psychologists.
The mission of the Council of Education Programs is to support and advocate excellence and visibility in education in community research and action.
In the late 1970s the Council of Graduate Program Directors in Community Research & Action (CPDCRA) was formed to encourage excellence in education in community research and action within SCRA. In late 2005, the group was reactivated at the initiative of Cliff O'Donnell in his role as President of SCRA. The group renamed itself as the "SCRA Council of Education Programs" in order to emphasize our commitment to excellence in education at both undergraduate and graduate levels. It has been in operation since then. To learn more about the history of the CEP, please download the word file at the bottom of this webpage.
What we do:
- Maintain the education resource exchange on the SCRA website;
- Keep the list of educational programs and training opportunities in community psychology up to date;
- Facilitate communication between educational programs and each other; and programs and SCRA;
- Create promotional and explanatory materials about education opportunities in our field;
- and Encourage the inclusion of community psychology information within the wider field of psychology education.
Access all of our work through the Education Connection Pages on the SCRA website.
You can contact the CEP, or any of its members, through this email address: CEP@scra27.org
- Sylvie Taylor, Antioch University Los Angeles (2012 - 2015), Current Chair
- Christian Connell, Yale University (2012-2015), Chair-Elect
- Ashley Anglin, University of Hawaii Manoa (2012-2014)
- Brian Christens, University of Wisconsin, Madison (2013-2016)
- Carie Forden, Clarion University of Pennsylvania (2012-2015)
- Beiye Gu, Deleware County Community College (2011-2014)
- Andrew Hostetler, University of Massachusetts Lowell (2011-2014)
- John Peterson, Georgia State University, (2011-2014)
- Toshi Sasao, International Christian University, Japan (2012-2015)
Members who Cycled Off the Council in 2013:
- Rhonda Lewis, Wichita State University (2010-2013), former Chairperson
- James Cook, University of North Carolina Charlotte (2010-2013)
- Robert Gutierrez, DePaul University (2011-2013)
- Susan McMahon, DePaul University, (2006 - 2010), Past Chair
- Kelly Hazel, Metro State University (2006 - 2009), Past Chair
- Pia Standard, Virginia Commonwealth University (2008 - 2010)
- Christopher Nettles, George Washington University (2007 - 2009)
- Eric Mankowski, Portland State University (2006 - 2009)
- Roger Mitchell, North Carolina State University (2006 - 2009)
- Mark Aber, University of Illinois, Champaign, Past Chair
- Greg Meissen, Wichita State University, Past Chair
- Cathy Stein, Bowling Green University
- Holly Angelique, Penn State University - Harrisburg
- Tara Gregory, Wichita State University
- Raymond Scott, LaVerne University
- Mark Pancer, Wilfrid Laurier University