Mar 20, 2014
Confronting Family and Community Violence | The Intersection of Law and Psychology
May 1 - 3, 2014
Washington Marriott Wardman Park, Washington, DC
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed as Keynote Speaker
This 3-day APA/ABA continuing education national conference will address the broad range of issues related to violence in and around the home, community and society.
Confronting Family and Community Violence
- Appropriate for psychologists, attorneys, judges, legal scholars, behavioral and social science scholars, social workers and other professionals in legal, mental health, social service and education fields
- Presentations by The Honorable Anita Josey-Herring, Dr. James Garbarino, Dr. Susan Limber and more
- Nearly 40 plenary and invited sessions addressing prevention and intervention
- Focus on violence across individual, family, community and society contexts
- Continuing education credits available
- Networking session to close out the conference
More than 10 sessions related to child abuse and neglect
- Effects of Violence on Child Development
- Current Research
- Best Practices
- Ethical Issues in Child Custody When There Are Allegations of Family Violence
- Preventing Child Maltreatment
Early Bird registration ends March 31.
Special room rates—reserve your hotel room now!
Enjoy special room rates at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, the conference site—reserve now!
For conference details and registration information, click here.
Office of General Counsel
American Psychological Association
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
Tel: (202) 336-6078
You are receiving this message to help you make full use of APA resources. Your email address was obtained from the APA Membership Database or other APA data sources. Electronic communication, which costs a fraction of printing and mailing, is cost effective and timely. You can now select APA newsletters and research alerts you would like to receive; go to your MyAPA account to opt in to the titles you want. To unsubscribe from promotional email, send a message to:firstname.lastname@example.org or send regular mail to the address: Unsubscribe Membership Department, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242. You may also call 202-336-5580.