Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
This position conducts valuation of a culturally adapted Violence Prevention project in the Chicago Public Schools.
The Research Scientist will assist Dr. Robinson and Dr. Jason with tasks as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervises research staff and volunteers.
- Oversees relationships with Schools for Data Collection.
- Helps with analysis and interpretation of the data.
- Assists in research and the writing of manuscripts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree (MA, ABD or Ph.D.)
- 1 years of research experience.
- Research experience in a related social science field.
- The Research Scientist will supervise project staff and volunteers.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods and data management.
- Experience with advanced statistical packages (i.e., SPSS, RSiena, Mplus, etc.) preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Participation in weekly project meetings.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Must be able to drive themselves and other staff between field locations and DePaul University.
- Needs to have a car.
Required Background Check:
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email email@example.com.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting ActTitle IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.